• A Senior Finance Director and Scottish CA, with 25 years’ experience with a UK–based FTSE 100 banking group with extensive expertise in technical accounting and regulatory change along with relevant knowledge of management and financial accounting, budgeting’ balance sheet management and internal controls. Most recent experience with start-up SMEs and Charitable organisations providing financial advice, setting up financial systems, internal control systems, monthly management reporting and annual financial statements.
• Proven record of developing solutions to a high professional standard within tight time and cost constraints.
• Successful track record of developing strong relationships with senior business executives, group functions and external parties.
• History of motivating individuals and teams through effective recruitment, coaching and objective setting
KEY SKILLS / ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Implementing robust accounting systems through effective strategy supported by appropriate controls
• Reviewing and interpreting technical accounting and regulatory requirements, specifically relating to IFRS, Basel, Solvency Ii and FRS 102
• Assessing new technical requirements against existing requirements and developing data definitions/requirements along with system and process solutions to close any identified gaps
• Defining and implementing robust system solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders (specifically Finance, Risk and IT functions) in response to accounting and regulatory change
• Providing stakeholder engagement via briefings, explanations and education to key stakeholders and Senior Leadership teams relating to identified changes.
• Defining, implementing and monitoring robust financial control policies including reconciliations between regulatory and financial information.
• Providing balanced technical accounting and regulatory advice, taking account of commercial and technical requirements
• Developing effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders along with all levels of affected BAU teams; keen team worker, well used to working with non-financial managers to achieve overall commercial goals.
• Princes 2 accredited Finance Project Manager with proven experience of all aspects of project work.
• Motivating staff including recruitment, development, coaching and appraisal, consultative open style, sharing plans and objectives
• Advanced user of Xero Cloud based accounting software including linked packages ( bank accounts, project management, property database)
• Experienced in development, implementation and use of automated computerised business systems along with BAU, finance, risk and IT functions (where appropriate) along with substantial PC experience
|Services I provide include:|
|General Accountancy||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Bookkeeping||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Produce year end accounts||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Select accounting package||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Design financial controls and procedures||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Set up financial "starter kit" for start-ups||£41.25 p/h||Book me|
|Interim finance management support||£41.25 p/h||Book me|