I have 25 years experience of working in the charity sector in various roles such as bookkeeper, accountant,, independent examiner, audit assistance and treasurer..
I have excellent working knowledge of accountancy software packages Excel, Sage, Quickbooka and Xero as a user and a trainer
My skills cover from basic bookeeping to preparing budgets, cashflow forecasts, management accounts, year end accounts and submission of documentation to HRMC, Companies House, Charity Commission and funders.
I am able to carry out bookkeeping health checks and help organisations producre their financial policies and procedure manuals..
I have the ability to clearly communicate technical information to a wide range of staff and volunteers many of whom do not have an accounting knowledge or background.
I am a self starter who is able to work alone and manage my workload as well as being able to work as part of a team.
Below is a summary of some of the work I have done for clients,
Apps for Good - Part time Finance Manager (Maternity Cover) August 2017 to Marchj2018
I took on this role with very limited handover and I had to work my way into understanding how the whole bookkeeping system worked using Xero software which was very new to me with the support of the CEO.
My Role involved
· Supervise, mentor and train financial administrator in use of Xero
· Process monthly payroll using SAGE and submitting returns to HMRC
· Prepare and submit year end payroll returns to HMRC
· Ensuring that the Xero software was up to date with the correct entries
· Process purchase invoices and run weekly payment run
· Process staff and management expenses
· Raise invoices to funders and clients
· Cashflow management and credit control
· Work with business development team on project budgets and reporting
· Liaise with external auditors, pension provider and HMRC
· Prepare draft year end SORP accounts and liaise with the auditors
· Assist the CEO in the preparation of timely management accounts and reports for funders and trustees.
Northwest Kent Council for Voluntary Services
· Deliver bookkeeping and accounting courses for charities
· Assist groups in the preparation of their year end accounts in accordance with SORP
· Deliver courses in computerised accounts using SAGE, Quickbooks and Xero
Opportunities with Experience CIC
1. Install Quickbooks accounting software
2. Train and mentor volunteer and bookkeeper in the use of Quickbooks
3. Prepare year end accounts and submit to the CIC Regulator and company house
4. Assist in budget preparation
|Services I provide include:|
|General Accountancy||£35.50 p/h||Book me|
|Bookkeeping||£29.75 p/h||Book me|
|Produce year end accounts||£29.75 p/h||Book me|
|Select accounting package||£35.50 p/h||Book me|
|Design financial controls and procedures||£35.50 p/h||Book me|
|Set up financial "starter kit" for start-ups||£35.50 p/h||Book me|
|Interim finance management support||£47.00 p/h||Book me|